tales of my post-grad travels and adventures

Friday, October 20, 2006

Canyon Swinging Rocks!




I think everyone who has a chance should take the time to swing across a canyon. Although I think the high bungees are a little more of a rush, this one was fun since it is a 60m freefall followed by an arc back and forth across a canyon. You also get to choose how to jump; I went backwards which was a lot of fun and I already have lots of crazy upside down twisting ideas if I ever get another chance.
When I haven't been jumping off of things I have been working at the ecafe and doing the occasional temp job. I attended the fancy art opening last weekend, managed to not spill anything, and even served Peter Jackson (who I didn't even recognize). The weekend before I worked the BMW International Golf Tournament in Arrowtown, a historic mining town that reminds me a lot of a small New England town. I also took a day trip with a friend down to the southernmost tip of the mainland which was pretty barren but cool to be looking across the ocean at Antarctica (pic above). That's it for now, just keeping busy with work and planning more excursions, hope you are all doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home