tales of my post-grad travels and adventures

Monday, September 18, 2006

Auckland to Wellington

My second day in Auckland was wonderful. We were ready for some exploration and drove from the East to the West side of the country (about an hour drive) to visit a beautiful black sand beach called Piha (pictures below). We wandered around the beach admiring the rock formations and coming across three or four brightly colored jellyfish which were beautiful (but sadly dead). We headed back to Auckland for a nice afternoon soak in the hot tub (their apartment building has everything!) followed by a steak dinner. We then headed into Auckland to a few going away parties for friends and I was able to see some friends from Dunedin which was really nice. The next day we walked around, at lunch at an Asian marketplace and then explored the market at Victoria Park. I headed out later that evening on the overnight bus to Wellington (while good in theory, I do not recommend it as they make ten stops throughout the night and turn on the lights and shuffle people around at each). I arrived in Wellington at 7am and was very content to head over to Dave's apartment for a morning of reading and relaxation. I then headed out to walk around the downtown and found a lovely little cafe (the city is known for its lovely little cafes) to hang out in. I then met with Dave who introduced me to Malaysian food at a cute little restaurant; it is quite scrumptious. Well, I am off to do some much needed job applying before heading back into town, hope you all are well and thanks for your comments and emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home