tales of my post-grad travels and adventures

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Queenstown!



I made it! Queenstown is as beautiful as I remember. The first night I arrived I managed to find myself a flat looking out on the vista, I have the mountains and lake outside my bedroom window. While there is beauty on the outside, it is not quite pristine on the inside of the flat; I live with three Chilean boys and a Kiwi boy and the flat was not new or beautiful to begin with so it leaves a bit to be desired. Next week we have another boy and two girls moving in, bringing our total to eight which should be an adventure with one bathroom and a half fridge. Despite the state of the flat, it is nice to meet new people. All of my flatmates are nice and one night last week you could find a Scottish, English, Irish, Chech and Kiwi guy, two Chilleans, Chech girls and me all hanging out in the flat; makes it pretty interesting. I have spent my days exploring town and applying to jobs and am hoping to hear from somewhere soon (maybe I'll even be able to afford a single room). I have also taken in the sights by hiking up to the top of the gondola and walking around the gardens and lake in town. I'll keep you all posted on my job hunt, hopefully I'll have something good to write soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home