tales of my post-grad travels and adventures

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Christchurch to Dunedin

I concluded my time in Christchurch with a visit to my friend Nigel's farm to see the sheep, an evening full of dancing at Boogie Nights (hilarious throwback of a place), and a day of driving around and seeing the sights of Christchurch. The next stop on my little journey south is in Dunedin where I attended Uni last year. It felt a little weird to be back in a totally different situation but the city is familiar and comfortable. I settled into a little backpackers called the Kiwi's Nest (what a classic name for a NZ place) and then spent some time checking out my old haunts. It was nice to be back but I couldn't bring myself to go back to see my old flat (plus it is on top of a huge hill that I wasn't motivated to climb). I did, however, dine at The Flying Squid, an old favorite for fish and chips, and catch up with my old flatties/friends over greasy food and wine. The next evening we went out for what was touted, the best kebab place in town, and it was definitely delicious. We visited our friend Tony who was working at a bar/cafe and he proceeded to try his new drink creations on us: delicious. It's been fun to be back in Dunedin but I am glad that I am not staying here; I'm ready for a new place and new experiences. Off to Queenstown!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home